The Internet makes our life convenient no matter where we are living. It facilitates us with the best as it is an interactive platform but what really matters is to keep yourself safe on the internet. Since the internet is a double-edged sword, it has both pros and cons.
The Internet has formed a plethora of sites on one side it simplifies our lives but on the other hand, it has safety issues which leads it towards a scary place.
Yes, a scary place! this is true that is why it is important to stay safe on the internet.
No doubt, there are countless dangers prowling online, but with some shrewdness online protection, you can dodge such threats.
Keeping safe on the internet will keep your personal information secure.
So that you will never face any unfavorable consequences.
INTERNET SAFETY TIPS
Here are some internet safety tips, the foremost intention behind these tips is to stay safe online.
- Avoid dangerous downloads
- Be cautious about strangers
- Do not share private data
- Keep your passwords safe
- Don’t be a victim of suspicious links
- Install an anti-virus program
- And the last one is to secure your internet connection
Internet safety strengthens the user’s personal safety, it is something that if you do not know who and what prowls are behind the scene then it will become the most unsafe place.
The safety of online users is very important that is why safer internet day is celebrated worldwide to enhance the awareness among masses.
HOW TO USE EMAIL SAFELY?
The safety strategies related to “Using Email Safely” also got recognition.
As Email is the common paths and can easily target for the virus and malicious attacks.
Here are some tips which depict that how to stay safe when using email.
- Do not share your password.
- Do not open attachments
- Do not forget to log out from your account if you are using a different computer or a browser
- Do not discuss your bank related things by email.
- Do not reply spammers
- And, install an anti-virus program to stay safe security.
Also, if adults are using the internet this way then how kids could have left it. Obviously, they have their own concerns about the digital world.
Nowadays every school has internet connection not only they have but they also teach that to kids. So, the phenomenal aspect is to help kids with the internet.
KIDS GUIDE TO THE INTERNET
- Ensure internet security
- Teach them about copyright
- Teach them about safety tips
- Teach them about online safety
CYBER SAFETY TIPS FOR PARENTS
Similarly, there are some cyber safety tips for parents. They are: –
- Do not allow kids to reveal their identity
- Also, do not share your personal pictures
- As well as, do not allow them to share passwords
- Apply parental rheostat
- Monitor your kids online
- Set the PC in common room instead of the bedroom
- Parents should report online material which is prohibited
- Parents should be cautious regarding web safety check by reviewing your settings, URLs, HTTPS, online safety, domain owner and foremost install security tools.
Apart from all these, there are two different security check sections they are: –
- Online services
- Software (Installation)
Hence, they are useful because of these six aspects. They are:-
- Evaluations that are steadfast.
- Skimming that doesn’t behave sluggishly.
- Cautioning about dangerous sites.
- Searching depends on choices.
- Compatibility with browsers and operating systems.
- Perceiving web pages and sites.